- 100k in 10: Observe CS teacher practices
- Mongo DB Teacher Fellow for High School
- STEM Summer in the City
- SEP Curriculum & PD
- Get paid to help us figure out what are promising practices in teaching computer science
- Your work will be foundation of future new CS teacher training
- Observe other CS teachers around the city
- We will pay your school to pay a substitute the days you are visiting
- Up to 4 visits next academic year
- Get paid to write your observations
If you are interested please contact Raquel Cardona.
- Real world experience in a software company based in New York City
- Coaching from professionals in the field
- Training on software development, big data, database concepts, and, of course, MongoDB.
- Create lesson plans and assessments for your classroom
- Paid: $1600 per week with paid lunch break
- Lunch provided
- Game nights, and intraoffice tournaments for pool, ping pong, etc
- Flexible schedule
- Talks by invited speakers, parties, dinners, and other outings
DEADLINE: May 27, 2016
Find out more and apply today at http://tinyurl.com/mdbfellow
They need 5 MS teachers. One for each borough.
- STEM Teacher / Coach Duties
- Floats to support teachers in the instructional aspects of the Summer STEM program (does not get an assigned a cohort of students)
- Pushes into the STEM classes as needed to assist teachers (and students) with the “challenges” at hand
- Should have strong knowledge of Scratch and/or LEGO EV3
- Acts as sub if teacher calls out
- Will maintain a log of teachers worked with and requests of the supervisor.
Let us know when you apply so you are given priority.
Interested in teaching cohort 2 at PD?
- Topics: Scratch, Lego Robotics, Arduino, HTML/CSS, and more.
- Pedagogy: CS in the classroom (MS or HS focus, ELLs, SPED).
- Implementation: Making it all work in your school.
Interested in teaching cohort 2 outside PD?
- We need teachers who want to mentor new teachers during the school year.
Complete this SEP interest form for more information: http://goo.gl/forms/GSEgmVhHSQCxji1S2