What is Pathfinders?
Pathfinders is a unique 8-week program designed for high school students enrolled in a computer science class. Through 20 hours of career-readiness training and 6 weeks of on-the-job experience, students learn about workplace fundamentals and have opportunities to explore pathways in technology careers.
The Spring 2017 schedule is as follows:
- April 8, 9am-3pm: Career readiness training #1
- April 22, 9am-3pm: Career readiness training #2
- May 1-June 9: Students report to their internship sites
- May 20, 10am-12:30pm: Office hours check-in
- June 10, 9am-3pm: Career readiness training #3
Who is Pathfinders for?
Currently, Pathfinders is open to 9th, 10th, and 11th grade SEP and BJC students.
What Kinds of Work Does a Pathfinders Student Do?
The end goal of Pathfinders is an authentic exposure to the workplace. Students are not guaranteed a coding mentorship. We do try our best to find software engineering-related placements, although most host organizations are interested in having help with things like research, marketing, tech support, and data entry.
- Attend all 4 Saturday trainings
- Commit to working 4-6 hours a week for 6 weeks
- Timely completion of writing assignments
- Be courteous, respectful, & professional
How to Apply